Monday, April 21, 2008

New to this


Well this is all new to me. I have seen a few friends' blogs and thought it would be a fun way to keep in touch with family and friends from all over so I guess we will give it a try. Most of my friends think things like this are dorky, but I just see it as a way to keep in touch with those we can't see as often as we would like. Plus it gives me something to do to avoid the neverending housework and post wedding thank you notes!

Married life has gotten off to a great start. Along with a new name has brought new challeges. During our first few weeks as newlyweds I caught walking phenomia and our washing machine broke. Needless to say it has led us to see how we handle stress as a couple. I am proud to say that we both handled the problems gracefully! I am so proud of my Mr. Fix It hubby. He took care of me and our washer problems! He is awesome! I am a lucky lady!

Getting back to school was also a big change. Being Mrs. Parks has been both fun and strange. Don't get me wrong, joining Preston's family and taking his name has been one of the biggest honors I could have been given in my life, but it has been a BIG change! I was a Poe for 23 years of my short life. That was my identity. Now I am associated with a new name and will from here on out be known as a Parks. Everyone will be happy to know that I am adjusting and I can now write Melissa Parks much better than before! I am also answering to it now at work! haha! :) No more looking around for Robin!

No comments: