Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Merry Christmas (a little late)!

Merry Christmas Y'all! I hope everyone had a relaxing and fun Christmas season! It is hard to belive another year has come and gone.

We began our Christmas celebrations with the Gerringer side of our family. When we arrived look who greated us...



That's right. My mother in law and Jim were is the spirt for a Fiesta style Christmas complete with tacos, enchiladas, and lots of dips! Needless to say we LOVED it as we are big fans of Mexican food!

Preston worked Christmas Eve so I headed out with my parents to visit my side of our family by myself. Last year I pouted because he worked but this year my sweet sister in law gave me a wonderful reminder. On Christmas Eve she sent me a message that said, "I know you wish he was with you but just remember, he could save someone's life today!" That was just what I needed to hear. From that minute on I did not feel sad, instead I felt blessed that my husband loves his job and is able to help others!

On Friday Preston joined us and Christmas began! We enjoyed opening presents with family followed with a HUGE breakfast (my favorite Christmas tradition). We then got ready and headed to have lunch with the Parks'. Everyone was there so it was nice to see them all! We ended our day with dinner (thats right... three Christmas meals) in Bennett with my grandmother Poe's side of the family. That side of our family is HUGE so it is always a treat! Once we got home we opened the gifts we had for each other. It was sweet to have that to look forward to all day.

I think it is safe to say we had a WONDERFUL Christmas. Santa definatly found us this year. I guess we were pretty good!

Look at our pretty tree! I love it so much I don't want to take it down!

No comments: