My hubby is a firefighter. That means he works every other day for 24 hours with four day breaks here and there. It can be confusing but he loves his work schedule. I enjoy it too and believe it is why our marriage is so solid. Of course I miss him when he is working but what I enjoy about his schedule is on the days he works I am able to have some independent time to myself. As an only child I enjoy spending time alone. It also helps me appreciate the time we do have together much more! Another part I enjoy is the time I am able to spend with my dear friends and family.
Yesterday while he was on duty I had the best girls day! It started with lunch and cupcakes with my awesome friend G who was in town for a visit. We then did a little bit of shopping. The afternoon was topped off with a mani and pedi... my favorite treat! To end the day I went over to my friend KK's for an awesome homemade dinner! We later meet another friend out for a drink! What a day of fun filled with my girl time!
I love the fact that I was able to spend time with three of my favorite ladies in one day! I feel so lucky and blessed to have such awesome friends in my life. They are the most fun and most genuine girls I know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a great day! I also enjoy my time away from my sweet husband sometimes too. I think it's healthy.
Post a Comment