That's right y'all... my eggo is prego! The hubs and I are thrilled to announce we are expecting our first child in November. The past three months have been a whirl when (hence my absence and lack of postings) so I figured it was high time to let our little secret out to the world!
This whole story starts just around the same time I wrote my last post. Back in March when I was headed to Texas. We had been trying and I had a little hunch things were starting to happen. When the hubs dropped us off at the airport I can still remember telling him something was up. Ya know girly stuff that I hadn't really experienced before. I went to Texas... had a blast, ate lots of yummy brisket BBQ (oh my LORD where has THAT been my whole life - I must dedicate an entire blog post to that subject alone later), and spent some QT with my daddio. Although we didn't get a turkey who would have thought I was actually "baking" my own!
Fast forward two weeks later... we are at Outback and it hits us that Miss Susie has not yet graced us with her presence. We stopped by CVS on the way home and low and behold the rest is history.
At first it was hard to believe because literally I felt like nothing happening. I kept wondering around aimlessly thinking this couldn't really be happening. My prayers had been answered and I was certainly not worthy of such a gift/miracle. On April 21st we went for our first ultrasound (again... another topic completely worthy of a separate post) and it was confirmed. It was amazing to see such a tiny blob of life. It was official SOMETHING was happening!
Today we went to our third appointment. This time they did a ultrasound and we were able to hear a heartbeat! I must say nothing in the world could have prepared me for that moment. I had an idea of what I thought it would be like but it was beyond my wildest dreams. As soon as the hubs saw the image on the screen he literally shouted out, "WHOA... No way! That is amazing." My thoughts exactly honey! Our little one was moving all around and even waved to us (I say it was more like a high five because our kid will just be cool like that)!
I am happy to report that our turkey (Let's see... due date one day before Thanksgiving plus turkey hunting trip to Texas... you know that ridiculous nickname was just too natural for us.) is right on track measuring at 13 weeks and a half weeks with a strong heartbeat! I promise I will post a picture later. The quality of this shot was not that great so I am going to need to work on it a bit before it is worthy of the internet.
With the first trimester behind me I am just going to continue to pray for a safe and healthy pregnancy and that my child will inherit his father's hair and ears.
Oh and just in case you were wondering, fortunately I have not been hugging the porcelain thrown... that is until today when I took my vitamins at the wrong time. Try explaining that to a group of 20 kindergartners!
1 comment:
Congratulations!!! Yea for you! So happy for you both. Can't wait to follow your pregnancy journey. :)
Post a Comment