Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Holy Hormones!

Before I got pregnant I heard horror stories of wives who lost all control of their hormones. Scary stories of women who cried and were flat out mean for 9 months straight! I also heard stories of those whose "nesting" instincts kicked in. I even had a friend admit she got up in the middle of the night to vacuum at 2am. Needless to say I thought these ladies were nuts. Never say never right? Well folks it has happened to me and now I am going to have to eat my words.

Today was the first of many emotional days I fear. Sure I have always been tenderhearted but let's get real... crying during the ESPYS (ESPN's version of an award show)is uncalled for. I guess I better hold on tight. I made it 21 weeks without any "crying episodes" but I have a feeling these may be here to stay. All I have to say is thank goodness my husband was on duty and not around to bear witness.

As far as nesting goes that has also started to kick in. In full force I might add. Last night I was making spaghetti sauce at 10:30. Just so my husband could have something "good" to eat for lunch. I bet he was wondering who kidnapped his wife. I love to cook but cooking that late was a a bit much even for me! Unlike the hormones this is a trait I am happy to see arrive. Now I can take full advantage of what is left of summer break!

I guess hitting the half way mark was a catch 22. I got the hormones but I also got a boost of energy to clean and organize. The good always out ways the bad in my house! I am not sure how my husband will feel about this however, he better get used to it. He is going to have to learn to live with another female soon!

2 comments:

IVF Again! said...

OMG! Josh and I still joke about me using our dust buster. I dust busted our floors religiously before Stella arrived. My back would hurt so bad after going around all the molding in our home every night. It makes me laugh out loud to think about it! I wanted everything to be spotless, clean, perfect and in place before Stella arrived. My crazy OCD nesting went into serious full force during the last couple months! LOL! :)

IVF Again! said...

Don't worry though...it goes away after the baby arrives. You just can't find time to clean like you used to with a little one. :)