Friday, July 13, 2012

Porch/Front of House Before and After

Growing up, Preston never really saw much of the front yard or entry.  The driveway they used came up the side of the house so they always used the back porch and so did guest.  When my mother in law decided to sale the house she build a new drive way that now leads up the front yard.  You now see the front of our house so we knew we wanted to "dress it up" a bit to welcome our guest.  We are also big fans of "front porch sitting" so we wanted to create a space where we could hang out too.  

When we started planning we knew we wanted three things... shutters, a painted porch ceiling, and a red front door.  Thankfully I have a very sweet husband who agreed to do those things although he thought my request to paint the ceiling blue was a bit odd.   That request goes back to my love for Key West so he didn't mind once I explained my reasoning.   

I am very happy with how things turned out and I feel it really made the porch look special.  Now we can relax, hang out, and swing (on my new swing - a gift for Mother's Day)!  

Before 

After
 Blue! 


Come sit a spell!  

No comments: