In 2002 a special place came into my life... Meredith College. In 2006 I graduated and began my career as a kindergarten teacher. While teaching I realized that my true passion was in teaching children to read. In 2009 I decided to begin the journey into graduate school. I re-enrolled back at Meredith in the Masters of Education program with a concentration on reading. Four years and a baby later I can proudly say as of May 11th I am a graduate!
During graduate school I learned more than I ever thought I would about the field of education (reading especially). I feel more confident as a teacher and now see myself as more of a professional. As cheesy as it sounds I really did get
my my awesome, giving, sweet parents' money's worth. I am so thankful and feel blessed to have had this opportunity. I am also pretty dang proud of myself for actually finishing! After ER was born I had a moment of wanting to quit. My family kept me motivated to not give up and I am so glad I did not.
All weekend we celebrated! Friday night I was COMPLETELY blown away by an awesome surprise party thrown by my hubby. I must say, he inherited his mama's party planning genes because he did a great job! I was so touched by all the friends and family who came out to celebrate with us. I felt the love for sure!
On Saturday I graduated. My favorite moment of the night was when ER ran up to me after graduating saying, "Congratulations! I am so proud of you!"
No comments:
Post a Comment