Monday, January 19, 2009

Snow day... two words a teacher loves to hear!

It is funny for me to think about how the same snow days I loved as a child I love now as a teacher.  Even though school is not cancelled as of now it is still fun to imagine waking up tomorrow morning and seeing all that bright white all around!  It would be nice to have an extra day off... but remember.  We do have to make it up at some point!  

This weekend was so much fun!  I am happy to have had a nice long weekend off.  On Friday I went to Wilmington to help Gwen celebrate her 25th birthday.  We had a ton of fun!  I am happy I was able to go and visit for a while.  Saturday Preston and I spent the day hanging out, grilling (yes we grill in 30 degree weather), and building a fire.  It was nice to just relax.  Sunday Maggie and I went to church and out to lunch which is always a treat!  I spent the afternoon in Chatham County visiting my parents.  Monday was another great day I spent catching up on all the things I avoided all weekend!  I even found the time to make a batch of soup!  

So I guess snow or no snow... this weekend was great!  I can't wait to see what this week has in store!  

No comments: