Well today was snow day #1! I was lucky enough to see it start early this morning. Reese woke
me up to get in bed with us (this is her usual habit) around 3:00 and I took advantage to see if it had started! It had, but it wasn't accumulating very much. By the time Preston got up to go to work (around 7) it was a winter wonderland outside! It was so nice to spend the morning with a cup of coffee in hand while the snow fell outside!
I also tried to take advantage of having a lazy day off from work! I spent the day taking in inauguration festivities on tv, completing my grad school application online, and baking. I am proud of myself for making history and for taking care of my application! Now I only have to take the GRE. YIKES! I have made it through studying for the literacy part... now I just have to tackle the math! Of course math is a struggle for me so I will really need to buckle down!
I thought I would post a couple pictures of two of my favorite things. My new Kitchen Aid Pro mixer and my grandmother's swiss chocolate cake recipe. Preston has asked me to try the recipe for a while now so with time off I gave it a shot! It turned out yummy! I can't wait for him to come home tomorrow and have a big slice! I love cooking for my man! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment