Monday, January 11, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things!

It is no secret children are a gift from God. I am learning, the more teaching years I get under my belt, you can never expect the things they may say! You never know what they will say next. Last week I began teaching comparing attributes (such as weight, height, texture, length). When I asked my class if anyone knew how we can compare someone's weight a student I called on responded by saying, "My mom says wait means you are patient." I thought that was pretty sweet.

A few days later I caught one of my darling boys kissing one my sweet girls on the cheek during carpet time. I just gave him a quick "okay fella... I caught ya" look and went on teaching. After the lesson I asked them both to stay while the others got in line. I explained kissing in kindergarten was off limits - you know just mommies and daddies kiss, we have to wait until we are older and mature for those things (That's why we get married right? So we can kiss anytime we want?). Anyhow... when I asked him why he gave her a smooch his response was, "Well I was looking at her and I just couldn't help myself." Now if we all could love someone that much even if it is just for a quick moment during carpet time!

One thing is for sure, you gotta love 'em! I know teaching is the hardest job I will ever have. Of course I am sure being a mommy someday will be even harder! Even though it can get stressful I love it and I am so happy to have found something that makes me happy!



The above picture is one of me ready for a fun day in kindergarten! We were getting ready for our annual character parade! I was Ma, a character from the story "The Doorbell Rang."

No comments: