Must mean it is a holiday from school! When I became a teacher four years ago I did not realize how much I would appreciate having holidays off. Of course I realized it was a perk of the job but that was about it. I was still fresh out of college and ready to work my butt off for little money.
Now as an "old pro" (ha ha - who am fooling) I can see that two things teachers adore are teacher workdays and holidays. I feel so blessed to have a job that I love (yes I do actually love teaching a class full of 21 children under the age of 6) that allows me time to be off with my family and friends. In actuality I also enjoy having a day to "regroup" sleeping in, accomplishing chores I didn't get to over the weekend, and to relax with my hubby and dog.
Of course the real reason we are off today is to celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Today I hope you will remember this wonderful man's dream. His efforts and ultimate sacrifice paved the way for our future. I am so thankful everyone in our county has equal rights regardless of the color of their skin. Most of all I am thankful that I have the opportunity to teach ALL children and for that I am forever thankful.
If you are lucky enough to have today off I hope you will enjoy it and make the most of this beautiful Carolina blue sky day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment