2009 began with snow! Although it was nice in the beginning, we eventually lost most of our spring break due to snow days. I now realize why adults didn't like snow! One day is nice, but mess with my spring break and we have a problem.
In March Preston and I celebrated our 1st Anniversary! These last two years have been the best two years of my life! I cannot wait to see what the future has in store for our little family!
This spring marked my second season as a turkey hunter! Although I have not got my bird yet I still love every minute of it! This year I am hoping to call up my own turkey! I have been practicing! A lot of people give me a hard time about it, but I really do enjoy it and I am very serious about getting my first turkey!
In June, just as school was out for the summer, we ventured out to Hall River for what was my first kayaking trip! Needless to say it was an exciting trip. Thankfully my husband, my rescuer, helped me a couple times when times got tough on the rocks. I survived, cought some fish, and feel ready for next's summers river adventure!
This summer we had tons of fun! Last year we mostly painted and went on a couple trips to the beach. This year we decided to go, go, go. We had a ton of fun! We were able to go on several beach trips (with both family and friends). We also went to many concerts (well I did most of the going to those sans the hubby) and short day trips. The highlight of our summer was certainly our cruise! We were able to visit four countries in seven days! It was a total blast!
One of our favorite events this year involves our family's newest addition. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law welcomed a new baby boy in May! He is precious and certainly has a big spot in our hearts! Over holiday break I got to babysit him for the first time by MYSELF! It was such a fun time. He is now my "#1 little buddy" as Preston likes to say.
What year in our family would be complete without Carolina football. Football is Preston's thing. Tailgating is mine! I love socializing, cooking, and hanging out with a cool beverage! Life is good during the fall in Chapel Hill!
I know it doesn't look like much but this year was a great year! We are so blessed to have had health and happiness throughout the year! I hope that everyone has a year like never before in 2010! God bless you and yours all year along!
No comments:
Post a Comment