As I am browsing the coffee section I overheard a very loud and seemingly annoying male voice describing this pandemonium to a friend (I am assuming who still lives wherever this man came from). As I continued to used my "splatter vision" (my father's definition of our family's "gift" to be able to multitask - aka eavesdrop) to listen in I realized this man had his own opinion and quite frankly began making fun of us "southern people." Basically he called us all crazy. Now I can make fun of southerners all day long until the cows come home but you let someone born above the Mason Dixon line go there and its on! Needless to say this guy got a big "go to you know where" look for the remainder of my stay in the store.
As I stood in line with all of my fellow "crazies" I couldn't help but thinking. Forgive us mister for looking forward to seeing snow... I guess we were just graced by the good Lord to be born here. I sure hope you realize how lucky you are to live here now.
This picture was taken around 8:00 on Friday. It had been snowing for about an hour. It is suppose to continue for 24 hours so I will have to post an after picture next!
2 comments:
He's got some nerve. I'm a northern girl living in the south now and would never think of calling anyone crazy or making fun of people. They are prepared for this kind of weather in the north. They get it for most of the year. ha! They have equipment to clear the roads and salt to put down. There is no need to spend money on that in the south because it wouldn't be cost effective. So a little bit of snow down here is a big deal where in the north it's not.
If he doesn't get that then he's the crazy one!
I know you knew all those things. I just had to say it. I don't like people like that making all northerners look stupid!
Thanks girl! I have lots of dear friends from the North who now call the south home and they say the same thing! I appreciate the reassurance! I guess we are kinda crazy... about seeing snow! We love it! Now if it would just stop sleeting we would be good!
Post a Comment